This blog is a place where people can share their LOVE STORY and inspire others to believe.....
'True Love does exist and you can have your Happily Ever After.'

Monday, September 12, 2011

Amy and Jim

Amy's Story....We met in the middle singles ward (Church for singles) for 31 to 45 in Tempe. Our first date was over Labor Day weekend about a year before we got engaged. We were both serving on the activities committee (this is a calling/job she performed for the singles group at her church). He said he first started wanting to become reacquainted with me because the Suns were in the playoffs and I was talking about watching them and that got his attention as he is a big sports and Suns fan.

We started dating regularly in 1996 and got engaged 7 months later. He said at Christmas 1996 that Alex, her niece, asked him at my parent's house, so Jim do you love Amy? She was almost 4 years old. I prayed in Feb. 1997 about if he was the one I should marry even before he proposed to me and I got an answer yes, that he was one of the Noble Elders of Israel. I remember meeting his parents in Feb. 1997 for the first time and I was a nervous wreck due to my shyness. They quickly put me at ease and were very nice. We were sealed (LDS marriage ceremony) in the Mesa Temple on Sept. 13, 1997. We were able to go on a honeymoon to Orlando and visit the Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center. It was a fairy tale honeymoon.

Shortly after we lived in Tempe in an apartment for 8 months and then purchased a townhouse in Chandler. I started having health issues with my Crohns disease less than two years after our marriage. Jim had never seen me really sick but he was there by my side through it all even though it was difficult. I was so thankful not to have to go through the problems alone.

We were able to adopt our wonderful son and be sealed to him in July 17, 2004. We have had our ups and downs over the last 14 years but we are committed and share one anothers burdens. He has learned to enjoy Country Music and I have learned to enjoy various concerts and sports together. We also share a love of travel and political issue and current events. We also love to travel and spend time with family and friends. You have heard the saying that the family that prays together stays together and that is true.

We both have our weaknesses and strengths and we realize that we are not perfect and that's okay. I thought I would never get married or have a child and I have been blessed to have both a wonderful husband and a son who is the light of my life. Our marriage is a two way street. We never hold grudges and say sorry when we need too. We are each others best friend. Communication is important and listening too and we try to do both daily. We have made each other a better person. I have learned to be more patient, kind and a better listener and friend from Jim. He is the answer to my prayers and my knight in shining armor. He has been there for me through thick and thin . He is trustworthy and honest. If he says he will do something you can bet he will follow through get it done.

******************************

Thank you, Amy, for writing your love story. Today Amy and Jim celebrate their 14th wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary! May you have many more years of 'true love and continue in your happily ever after'.

No comments:

Post a Comment